Welcome, CSA Competitive families!
If you're looking for information on sports photography services for your player(s), you've come to the right place!
New for 2017!!
We are thrilled to be able to offer posters and all-weather banners starting this spring! We use Photoshop to put your player into one of several different poster or banner backgrounds. We can either use an image we have already taken during a game OR we can schedule a time for a quick action photo shoot at a practice field (takes about 10 minutes). The players are LOVING these! Please contact us for more information.
How to schedule game coverage:
- Send a request to us via email at Becca.firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (704)936-6914. Please include date, time, field location and team name (ex: U13G Copa).
- If one of our professional photographers is available at that time, we'll let you know!
- In order to hold and confirm your game day and time, a pre-payment of $125 (which can be split among the team if you'd like for us to get photos of every player) is required. Of course, if the game is cancelled due to weather we'll refund your payment in full.
- The photographer will let you know when they arrive and will ask you to point out which player(s) are to be photographed.
- Approximately 1-2 weeks after the game, you will receive an email with a link to all of the professionally edited images and you will be able to download them immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How many photos will we get? Every game is different and there is no concrete answer. We average about 100 or more final, edited images per game. We'll take several hundred to a thousand images but only keep the best. While we do our best to catch each player in a unique action shot, we can't make the action happen in the right place at the right time. As much as we'd like to, we just can't promise that we'll have a Sports Illustrated worthy image of any or every player in a single game. One photographer will cover the game and will move around the field to get different perspectives. If action happens on the opposite side of the field from us, we can't ask the players to stop until we get there! We do our best to cover the field and anticipate plays, but we are ultimately at the mercy of the game. You will find, however, that we have captured some amazing action shots in every game we have shot over the past several years. These kids are awesome athletes and we WANT them to look like superstars.
- Can I make prints? Sure! The images will be formatted for high resolution, so you can print or share online.
- I have a camera. How are these photos different from the photos I take? GREAT question. Everyone has a DSLR camera nowadays, and these cameras are awesome for portraits or even landscape photos. Sports photography, though, is different. Professionals spend thousands of dollars on the right camera bodies, lenses, editing software and training so that they can get high quality, sharp and print-ready images. It's hard to get those photos from the sidelines when using a standard DSLR and kit lens (we know.....we all started there!). You'll get a photo of half the field with 8 players far away. When you try to crop down to one player and print the photo, you'll see that it's just not as sharp as it was. The images you'll receive from us are sharp and ready to go.
- Can we split the cost among the team? Absolutely! In fact, we recommend it! One person on the team will be responsible for the pre-payment in order to schedule one of our photographers. After that, he or she can coordinate with other parents in order to be reimbursed. This is a VERY cost effective way to get professional photos of the players.
- Do you offer Team and Individual photos for competitive teams? We sure do! Please contact us for a quote.